Arthrobacter phage LeeroyJ
Know something about this phage that we don't? Modify its data.
Detailed Information for Phage LeeroyJ
Discovery Information
Isolation HostArthrobacter sp. ATCC 21022
Found ByTaylor Nesbit
Year Found2014
Location FoundWaco, TX USA
Finding InstitutionBaylor University
ProgramScience Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science
From enriched soil sample?Yes
Isolation TemperatureNot entered
GPS Coordinates31.522936 N, 97.155555 W Map
Discovery NotesI discovered this phage from a soil sample taken from a parking lot island littered with trash and other waste in Waco, Texas.
Naming NotesI named this phage LeeroyJ, which is short for "Leeroy Jenkins". The name is a reference to an internet meme and to a viral video posted on YouTube circa 2005.
Sequencing Information
Sequencing Complete?Yes
Date Sequencing CompletedJan 23, 2015
Sequencing FacilityPittsburgh Bacteriophage Institute
Shotgun Sequencing MethodIllumina Sequencing
Approximate Shotgun Coverage870
Genome length (bp)51025
Character of genome endsUnknown
GC Content60.9%
Sequencing NotesAbout 80% of the reads in this sequencing project belonged to an existing phage, Amigo. The other 20% constituted the genome reported here as LeeryoJ.
Fasta file available?Yes: Download fasta file
Characterization
ClusterAO
SubclusterAO2
Cluster Life CycleLytic
Other Cluster Members
Annotating InstitutionBaylor University
Annotation StatusIn GenBank
Plaque NotesThe morphology of LeeroyJ varies from having a diameter of .5 millimeters up to 3 millimeters. Initially, after I first isolated the phage, LeeroyJ exhibited a diameter mostly of about 2 to 3 mm. However, after several rounds of purification, the morphology began to take on a diameter mostly ranging from .5 mm to approximately 1.5 mm.
MorphotypeMyoviridae
Has been Phamerated?Yes
Gene List

Click to View

LeeroyJ_1
(HTH DNA binding protein)

LeeroyJ_2
(terminase large subunit)

LeeroyJ_3
(portal protein)

LeeroyJ_4
(capsid maturation protease)

LeeroyJ_5

LeeroyJ_6

LeeroyJ_7
(scaffolding protein)

LeeroyJ_8

LeeroyJ_9
(major capsid protein)

LeeroyJ_10

LeeroyJ_11

LeeroyJ_12

LeeroyJ_13

LeeroyJ_14

LeeroyJ_15
(tail sheath protein)

LeeroyJ_16
(tail tube protein)

LeeroyJ_17

LeeroyJ_18

LeeroyJ_19
(tape measure protein)

LeeroyJ_20
(LysM-like peptidoglycan-binding protein)

LeeroyJ_21
(minor tail protein)

LeeroyJ_22

LeeroyJ_23
(minor tail protein)

LeeroyJ_24
(minor tail protein)

LeeroyJ_25

LeeroyJ_26

LeeroyJ_27
(holin)

LeeroyJ_28
(endolysin)

LeeroyJ_29

LeeroyJ_30
(baseplate wedge protein)

LeeroyJ_31
(baseplate J protein)

LeeroyJ_32
(minor tail protein)

LeeroyJ_33

LeeroyJ_34
(exonuclease)

LeeroyJ_35
(RecT-like ssDNA binding protein)

LeeroyJ_36
(helix-turn-helix DNA binding domain protein)

LeeroyJ_37
(ssDNA-binding protein)

LeeroyJ_38
(helix-turn-helix DNA binding domain protein)

LeeroyJ_39
(helix-turn-helix DNA binding domain protein)

LeeroyJ_40

LeeroyJ_41

LeeroyJ_42
(RusA-like resolvase)

LeeroyJ_43

LeeroyJ_44

LeeroyJ_45

LeeroyJ_46

LeeroyJ_47

LeeroyJ_48

LeeroyJ_49

LeeroyJ_50

LeeroyJ_51

LeeroyJ_52

LeeroyJ_53

LeeroyJ_54

LeeroyJ_55

LeeroyJ_56

LeeroyJ_57

LeeroyJ_58

LeeroyJ_59

LeeroyJ_60

LeeroyJ_61

LeeroyJ_62

LeeroyJ_63

LeeroyJ_64

LeeroyJ_65

LeeroyJ_66

LeeroyJ_67

LeeroyJ_68

LeeroyJ_69

LeeroyJ_70
(ParB-like nuclease domain protein)

LeeroyJ_71

LeeroyJ_72
(acetyltransferase)

LeeroyJ_73
(AlpA-like DNA binding protein)

LeeroyJ_74
(DNA polymerase III sliding clamp beta)

LeeroyJ_75

LeeroyJ_76

LeeroyJ_77

LeeroyJ_78

LeeroyJ_79

Submitted Annotation in DNA Master FormatDownload
Submitted Minimal DNA Master FileDownload
Author ListDownload
Annotation Cover SheetDownload
Publication Info
Uploaded to GenBank?Yes
GenBank AccessionMH825703
Refseq NumberNone yet
Archiving Info
Archiving status Archived
SEA Lysate Titer 2x10^13 pfu/ml
Date of SEA Lysate Titering Nov 17, 2014
Pitt Freezer Box# 1
Pitt Freezer Box Grid# H12
Available Files
Plaque PictureDownload
Restriction Digest PictureDownload
EM PictureDownload
GenBank File for PhameratorDownload